Instagram

Instagram

28 June 2011

A day in the life of an Intersexed

Haha, ok I don't even know how to start this...

Preface: We do all the laundry in the house together to conserve energy, all the women in the house own the same shirt in size S and to top it off I own in the color gray One medium, three smalls, and one extra small.

I do not produce body odor. Simple fact.  I sweat, but no body odor.  I do not have to use deodorant. Freakish, I know.  I think this might be why my sense of smell is SO good.  

So yesterday I grabbed a clean, fresh out of the washer, gray v-neck t-shirt (Target: boyfriend tee) and threw it on.  It was a warm day and I sweat on the way to work no problem, I don't smell.  I get to work and within 7 minutes of me being there I start to smell Body Odor, B.O. No one is in the office. Instantly I know what's wrong.  I don't have my shirt on I have someone else's on.  (insert horribly disgusted face here)

(Now everyone produces body odor, unless you're a mutant, and wears deodorant and washes their clothes to combat the smell that stays in your clothes.  But little does anyone know that that smell rarely washes out.  And it stays in the clothes.  For this reason it is nearly impossible for me to wear another persons shirt, especially a fitted T.) 

What do I do!?  I instantly jump in the car and rush to target.  Grab 4 shirts off the shelf, walk straight back to the dressing rooms switch shirts, throw the B.O. one my purse and go to pay for the 4 new shirts I got.  

It doesn't stop there. 

I get back to the office in record time (20 minute turn around) and smell check myself only to find out that the Damn B.O. shirt got that persons B.O. on my skin.  So what do I do, take that shirt off, wash my armpits with soap and water and then wipe them down with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and put my 3rd t-shirt on of the morning and thankfully the last of the day.

Sidenote: I understand that the general populous might think me freaking out over wearing someone else's shirt is a little overreaction, I understand. But ugh that smell is horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment